AXN
Hello! Welcome to AXN's forum! If you see this message, then you're one of the privileged few...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

AXN
Hello! Welcome to AXN's forum! If you see this message, then you're one of the privileged few...
AXN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mother's Son (Sometime Before King Krimsin vs. Drew Wright, please)

Go down

Mother's Son (Sometime Before King Krimsin vs. Drew Wright, please) Empty Mother's Son (Sometime Before King Krimsin vs. Drew Wright, please)

Post  therausch09 Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:21 pm

Queens of the Stone Age's "Smooth Sailing" grooves across the AXN arena's sound system as Sweeney Antoine appears on the stage to a light, timid reaction from the crowd. He wears a navy blue blazer over plain teal trunks, a white ascot, and a white sailor's cap on his head. He struts to the ring - smiling smugly all the way - and rolls onto the canvas with a microphone in his hand.
-
Sweeney Antoine: "Good evening, all you fine ladies and gentlemen of the AXN universe. I wish I could come speak to you all under better circumstances, but sometimes in life, we've all got to deal with a little adversity.
-
So as you know, last week I tagged up with the Master of Time and dueled with Njord Myrholm and Damien Death Storm Junior. We looked good, we looked to have the match in hand, and I looked to have earned my first victory here in AXN...
-
That is until Mr. Drew Wright distracted me from the TitanTron and let our opponents steal the victory from us.
-
Now I'm not mad at Damien or Njord... no, they seized opportunity and made it theirs. I respect what they did, because I'd do the same if the sweet taste of victory was on the line.
-
But I'm out here in front of you all tonight to express my profound disappointment in Drew Wright and what he did. I mean, interfering in a match he's not even a part of? No, that's not fine. That's not fine at all...
-
And while other men and women might try to fight fire with fire, or pay him back in like kind, I'm also out here to reassure you all that I'm not that man. Mr. Wright can do as he pleases with his free time, but at the end of all of this, I'm still the man with nothing but two losses to show for his efforts in this ring. All I can focus on is winning every match I'm placed in.
-
You see, I was raised better than that."
-
Sweeney lowers the microphone and looks down toward his classic white boots, losing his characteristic smug grin in the process.
-
Sweeney Antoine: "My father... I never met him. From what I've been told, he was a little known professional wrestler who met my mother on a tour of America. He was a Frenchman, and a man of impeccable taste and unmatched handsomeness, and my mother fell for him immediately.
-
Unfortunately for her, he left her while she was still very pregnant with me, fleeing back into the world to pursue his dream of glory in the squared circle.
-
So my mother, in turn, spent her entire adult life working two - even three - jobs to keep us marginally fed and barely protected from the elements. My upbringing was the very definition of poverty in America. But I never felt like I needed anything, because even as a child, I understood that she was giving me every ounce of herself.
-
It's that example that made me the man I am today. My mother was forced into a situation she had no control over, and instead of seeking a way to subvert the status quo, she persevered. She played by the rules, and she achieved what she set out for: raising a man of taste and principle in a cruel, cold world.
-
So with my mother in mind, I turn my attention to you, Drew.
-
You can do what you will. You can interfere in every match I have in AXN. But I will never... NEVER stoop to your level and reciprocate.
-
Because at the end of the day, I'm just a finer man than you are."
-
Sweeney turns off his microphone and leaves the ring as "Smooth Sailing" plays once more, noticeably less smug and more emotional as more members of the crowd cheer now than when he entered the arena.
therausch09

Back to top Go down