AXN
Hello! Welcome to AXN's forum! If you see this message, then you're one of the privileged few...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

AXN
Hello! Welcome to AXN's forum! If you see this message, then you're one of the privileged few...
AXN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Dish Best Served Cold

2 posters

Go down

A Dish Best Served Cold Empty A Dish Best Served Cold

Post  Tom Midas Fri May 29, 2015 12:58 pm

Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi plays as Tom walks out, his abdomen and waist bandaged up and holding it in slight pain. He walks down to the announcers desk and grabs a microphone, before sliding into the ring.

Rhydian: "Seems like Tom's come out here to address the assault that occurred last week. If I were him, I wouldn't have trusted Chef at keeping Krimsin and Marcurcio out of the arena. Putting his neck on the figurative chopping block when you know Krimsin has the axe just seems... incompetent."

Andy: "Until next week, and possibly only for next week, Krimsin isn't a wrestler. If he attacks Tom, he knows he'll have to pay a hefty fine as well as get fired. I know he's more so one to choose a fight over waiting for something to become legal again for him to do, but he's not dumb."

Rhydian: "And what's to stop Krimsin from assaulting Tom again once Krimsin wins his match?"

Andy: "Who's to assume he's actually going to win his match? He doesn't even know who his opponent is."

Rhydian: "Sure, he was so dominant that Tom had to steal a win that was 100% his, but he'll lose to some no name guy."

Andy: "Anything's possible, Rhydian. You and I have both known wrestling long enough to understand that."

Tom points towards his bandaged up midsection as he begins to speak.

Tom Midas: "I'm not gonna be long winded here. If you're still competing in this company come next season, I will get my revenge on your blindsiding of me last week, Krimsin. I will hold the World Heavyweight Championship belt above my head as you lie on the ground. Defeated in combat, in this modern day Colosseum. So count your days to unemployment, because come this next Saturday, chances are the only thing you'll be able to count on is unemployment checks!"

Tom goes to exit the ring, but suddenly the titantron blacks out for a moment, before a video feed appears.

(feel free to finish this up however you want Terry)
Tom Midas

Back to top Go down

A Dish Best Served Cold Empty Re: A Dish Best Served Cold

Post  King Krimsin Fri May 29, 2015 6:01 pm

Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi plays as Tom walks out, his abdomen and waist bandaged up and holding it in slight pain. He walks down to the announcers desk and grabs a microphone, before sliding into the ring.

Rhydian :  Seems like Tom's come out here to address the assault that occurred last week. If I were him, I wouldn't have trusted Chef at keeping Krimsin and Marcurcio out of the arena. Putting his neck on the figurative chopping block when you know Krimsin has the axe just seems... incompetent.

Andy :  Until next week, and possibly only for next week, Krimsin isn't a wrestler. If he attacks Tom, he knows he'll have to pay a hefty fine as well as get fired. I know he's more so one to choose a fight over waiting for something to become legal again for him to do, but he's not dumb.

Rhydian :  And what's to stop Krimsin from assaulting Tom again once Krimsin wins his match?

Andy :  Who's to assume he's actually going to win his match? He doesn't even know who his opponent is.

Rhydian :  Sure, he was so dominant that Tom had to steal a win that was 100% his, but he'll lose to some no name guy.

Andy :  Anything's possible, Rhydian. You and I have both known wrestling long enough to understand that.

Tom points towards his bandaged up midsection as he begins to speak.

Tom Midas :  I'm not gonna be long winded here. If you're still competing in this company come next season, I will get my revenge on your blindsiding of me last week, Krimsin. I will hold the World Heavyweight Championship belt above my head as you lie on the ground. Defeated in combat, in this modern day Colosseum.

An emphatic cheer spreads throughout the crowd.

So count your days to unemployment, because come this next Saturday, chances are the only thing you'll be able to count on is unemployment checks!

Tom goes to exit the ring, but suddenly the titantron blacks out.  He takes a step back, and the crowd begins to stir.

Andy :  What the...

Barely a second passes before the tron springs back to life.  As it does, the arena fills with the boos and jeering of thousands of AXN faithful.

Marcurcio the Mauve, and his massive, bruising, compatriot, King Krimsin, appear on the screen.  It is immediately apparent that whatever room they are in is not a part of this arena.  In fact, it can hardly even be called a room at all; a better descriptor for their setting would be the word, dungeon.  It is dimly lit, by torches apparently, and the walls are roughly hewn stone.  The floor, barely visible in the background behind them, is made of nothing more than dirt, and there is a cobblestone archway behind them leading to who-knows-where.

Marc stands with a hand on his chin, grinning rakishly, while King Krimsin stands next to him, arms folded, glowering menacingly into the camera.

Andy :  What!??  They’re supposed to be suspended!!

Rhydian :  Well, wherever they are.. I don’t think they are on the premises.

Marcurcio starts.  As usual, his Danish accented voice is rich, deep, and hardly sounds like it could belong to him.

Marcurcio :  ‘Evening ladies, and gents...  And, Tom Midas.. Heh heh.

We are delighted that you could make it to the show tonight!

I was afraid...

Marc clears his throat.

WE, were afraid.. That you may be unable to even walk this week...

King Krimsin’s lips curl over his teeth in a villainous sneer.  Marc begins clapping softly, facetiously, before continuing.

Bravo, Tom Midas... Bravo!

What a pleasure it -is- to witness, the ant...

That survived the boot!  Heh heh heh.

Andy :  This joker has no respect!  And they must have hijacked the titantron or something!  I -know- Chef doesn’t know anything about this.. He not only suspended them last week, he threatened their JOBS!!

Marc’s wicked, smiling, face straightens up all of the sudden.  He raises his hands to his temples, and shuts his eyes, theatrically feigning psychic abilities.

Marcurcio :  Ah!!  You’re wondering how it’s possible that we can be talking to you now.. When we were both suspended last week!

Andy :  He’s reading my mind!  Not Tom’s!

Rhydian :  Pff.. Andy has a mind?  Who knew??

Marc’s smile returns, just as suddenly as it had vanished, and he raises an exultant finger to the camera.

Marcurcio :  HA!  A mere parlor trick, Tom Midas!  And we are -full- of tricks!

But I don’t have to tell you that...  You are well aware, after last week, that we are not to be trusted...  And that we -always- have an ace in the hole.

Andy :  I think he might be referring to that..  Substance.. That he used to blind Tom with last week!

Rhydian :  Andy Samberg, folks!  Not much gets by him...

Andy :  Rhydian Jones!  Forever jelly of Andy’s charming good looks, wit, -and- superior brain power!

Rhydian :  ... Mm-quite...

Marcurcio :  Which is why we are so thrilled, at the excitement you show when you talk of revenge...

Do not fret, Tom Midas!  For Mr. Blue has already defeated our opponent for Chasing Glory.  He has sealed the fate, for the one called Zack Deathlock!

Marc’s tone becomes more severe, and downright sinister.

So you need not worry, Tom Midas...  You will have every opportunity for your revenge.  We aren’t going.. -Anywhere-...

The crowd boos, vehemently, as the dastardly duo leer into the camera.  Andy’s tone becomes unusually serious.  He begins barking orders, remarkably authoritatively for him.

Andy :  Where is the production team in all of this?  They're killin the buzz!  Listen to this crowd...  

Rhydian replies dryly.

Rhydian :  Andy, part of dramatic television is having a hero battle a villain...

Andy :  Get them off there!

Rhydian :  ...  Chef isn’t dumb.. He’s sitting back there looking at proverbial dollar signs.  In this industry, some superstars actually draw more by -not- pandering to the every whim of the crowd...

Andy’s facade of sincerity gives way, all at once, to a schoolboyish chuckle as he boos along with the crowd.  As a result, Rhydian grows tired of their back-and-forth.

Andy :  Booooo!!!  Ha ha!

Rhydian :  ...

Andy :  Ha ha ha!!

Rhydian :  ...  Nevermind...

Marcurcio is either, somehow obviously aware of the crowd’s adamant disapproval, or expects as much from them.  He takes a bit of the bass out of his voice, and generally lightens up a bit.

Marcurcio :  It is unclear as to whether the gods favor Tom Midas quite as much as this AXN crowd does...

A cheer breaks throughout the crowd.  However, Marc shows no notice of that, and continues.

Clear as it is, that they do -indeed- favor you.  Otherwise.. you would not be standing on your own two feet, this night!

And, SO.  The young man, Tom Midas, gets his first lesson in what it means to have their favor...

As flies to wanton boys are we, to the gods...

They kill us for their sport!

Tom continues staring up at the titantron.  He leans on the ropes for support while still clutching his sore midsection.  His face paints a picture of amazed bemusement; it is perhaps sarcastically so.

Marc’s eyes twinkle a bit, and his face lights up, as a gleeful exuberance begins to manifest in his voice.

As their favor for you grows.. You are tried more often...  Each trial more severe, and exhausting, than the last!

They allow you to walk about, free!  On your own accord!  Despite your failure in front of them last week!  And do you know why that is, Tom Midas?

It is, because you have a very important contest coming up!  You -must- be able to compete, next week!  At Chasing Glory!  For the AXN Heavyweight Championship of the world!!

Another cheer for Tom spreads throughout the crowd.

Beaten up, broken as you are.. You -will- be able to chase your glory next week, Tom Midas.

A confident grin spreads across Tom’s face.  He forces a chuckle as he interjects, that causes him to favor his back a little.

Tom :  Yeah?  Ha ha..  Well, don’t you -worry- about next week!  I...

Marcurcio cuts him off, semi-angrily.  Which seems to only further amuse Tom.

Marcurcio :  Do not confuse our message to you for worry, Tom Midas...

It is remarkable that you will be able to compete next week, but it matters not, to us, whether you’re the next AXN Heavyweight Champion!

Our message to you, is simple...

Marc’s head slowly turns toward King Krimsin, a look of sinister glee.  Without having once broken his stare into the camera through all of this, King Krimsin emphatically violently slams his right fist into his open left palm, and shouts into the camera.

King Krimsin :  KRIMSIN!!  CRUSH!!!  

Marc turns smirkingly back to the camera, as King Krimsin's face fills with rage.  Then, suddenly, the titantron returns to darkness.  The shot refocuses on Tom Midas, leaning against the ropes.

Rhydian :  Nothing to say, I see?

Andy :  What’s he gonna say, that he hasn’t said before!?  Those guys are a couple of jabronis, and Tom has bigger fish to fry!

Rhydian :  That he may...  But, his lack of respect for what those two “jabronis” are capable of -may- end up costing him whatever shot he had at the AXN Heavyweight Championship at Chasing Glory.

Andy :  Whatever, Rhydian.  Stay tuned, folks!  More AXN on the way, so stick around!!

The scene fades on Tom’s face.  Condient, and amused.
King Krimsin
King Krimsin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum